Although the nearly 100 year-old children’s footwear brand Stride Rite is a leading footwear brand, their celebrity relationships were being underutilized and other less-established brands were getting more celebrity attention in the press and on social media.
- Identifying which celebrities were expecting or who have children infant through big-kid sizes.
- Planning strategic seeding campaigns around seasonal and specialty shoe releases.
- Actively participating in celebrity events.
- Aligning the brand with a celebrity mom as a brand ambassador (Rosie Pope).
- Ensuring that Stride Rite was credited in any media where brand shoes appeared.
Celebrity Engagement Tactics
- Gifting celebrities at strategic times such as a trip to Disney-land with character shoes or birthday party with dress shoes – peak moments where a photo share was probable.
- Authentic testimonials were garnered and pitched to celebrities, parenting and lifestyle press to initiate product placement and credited photos; creative pitches were developed to initiate "trend" stories.
- Suggested messaging and hashtags were sent to celebrities to encourage cohesive brand messaging points.
- A vigilant eye was kept on paparazzi uploads daily to capture images of celebrity kids wearing their shoes.
- Rosie Pope was utilized to make a celebrity mom-to-millennial mom connection through sharing expert tips on shoe fitting, shopping, and style.
- Drove traffic to Stride Rite by re-posting and re-tweeting celebrity testimonials and photos on all branded social media channels; provided content for Stride Rite’s social media through celebrity approved images.
- Planned a back-to-school media event, where shoes were showcased and celebrity fans were verbally communicated to press members.
- Researched and participated in celebrity-focused events, with shoe towers to educate celebrities in a social environment and garner photo ops.
- As an expert in the industry, GG personally “interviewed” celebrities and serviced the articles to websites, incorporating Stride Rite into the articles.
Results to Date
- Stride Rite shoes were seen on the children of celebrities Mario Lopez, DeAnna Pappas Stagliano, Nancy O’Dell, Samantha Harris, Trista Sutter and Molly Mesnick for their special birthday parties.
- In partnership with Good Carma Studios, Stride Rite shoes were placed at celebrity baby showers like Jenn Brown/Wes Chatham, DeAnna Pappas Stagliano and Kendra Wilkinson.
- Back-to-school seeding was secured for celebrities Samantha Harris & Nancy O’Dell, which was covered by E! News, Us Weekly and People.com, among other press placements.
- GG’s personal interviews appeared in CelebrityBabyScoop.com, People.com, HotMomsClub.com, Childmode.com and SheKnows.com, which posted the articles.