Stride Rite 1Case Studies
Stride Rite, a nearly 100 year-old brand for children’s footwear, wanted to build awareness for its new rebranding campaign and gain exposure for its re-imagined messaging and product lines. They were challenged with shifting the current consumer perception of the brand, which had been in place for almost a century.
- Conducting national and regional outreach to press, to initiate extensive exposure for the new messaging and products.
- Seeding celebrities with the new messaging and products for social shares.
- Utilizing unique and memorable hashtags to drive viral exposure.
- Securing a celebrity mom as brand ambassador, to engage in enriching content across media and social platforms.
- Involving Stride Rite in industry and media events where we could gain valuable face-time to reinforce the new messaging.
Celebrity Engagement Tactics
- A press release was developed and distributed to national and regional media in trade and a cross-section of consumer print outlets.
- Turnkey press pitches with strategic messaging highlighting new product benefits were prepared, in order to capitalize on the back-to-school shopping season – one of the biggest shopping events of the year.
- Select media partners were chosen for audience/community giveaways.
- Celebrities with age-appropriate children were identified to partner with for social sharing.
- Celebrities were also leveraged for media pitching in celebrity-focused publications and TV shows.
- Rosie Pope was secured as the first-ever Stride Rite Mom, where her style "picks" and mom tips were pitched for celebrity-focused and children’s style articles.
- A calendar of upcoming events for potential participation was generated.
Results to Date
- Thus far, half a dozen celebrities committed to tweeting about #Made2Play messaging.
- National and regional press placements were scheduled, including one full-page article and online coverage in Footwear News NY scheduled 7/16, CelebrityBabyScoop.com with giveaway, USA Today Back-to-School Special, Parents Back-to-School feature, Ser Padres, and more.
- Stride Rite is scheduled to participate in the Momtrends Back-to-School event with Stride Rite’s new social media manager, where we will introduce her to over 75 bloggers.
- Rosie Pope has appeared in CoolMomPicks.com, CelebrityBabyScoop.com, TheShoppingMama.com, HotMomsClub.com, The Sun Sentinel, WN.com, MomTrends.com, and more.