Cali'Flour KitchenCase Studies
Cali’flour Foods, known for its first-to-market cauliflower-based pizza crusts, was poised to launch its debut cookbook, Cali’flour Kitchen, to a cross-over market that included healthy eating, therapeutic eating, and trend eating plans. The brand was also challenged with leveraging secured celebrity fans in the media, and creating more awareness for founder Amy Lacey as an expert.
To achieve these goals, GG Benitez & Associates PR designed a plan that incorporated consistent product placement, targeted recipe placement, expert placement, and celebrity placement in TV, print, and online media outlets.
Celebrity Engagement Tactics
- Issued a press release announcing the debut of Cali’flour Kitchen to a cross-section of media in key areas of interest for health/fitness/wellness, cooking/food, parenting, lifestyle, celebrity lifestyle, and entrepreneurship.
- Executed a consistent and proactive series of pitches by occasion and recipes supporting key areas of interest ranging from cookbook/kitchen must-haves, to gift guides, to diet plans, to ingredient swaps, to food and health awareness days for print, broadcast, and online press contacts.
- Pitched Amy Lacey for expert-based opportunities that allowed her to demonstrate, hands-on, the ease of recipes and recipe outcomes, while also educating on the power of cauliflower as an ingredient.
- Identified a targeted group of influential press members to gift the cookbook for their own personal use.
- Encouraged targets to share their cooking experience on their social media channels in order to show ease of recipes, generate engaged online conversation, and increase awareness and demand for the book and for Amy Lacey as an expert.
- Leveraged celebrity testimonials for the book, recipes, and product line by consistently pitching lifestyle and celebrity/tabloid media.
- Helped to manage presence at experiential marketing events focused to create valuable face time with Amy Lacey and receive a personal walk-through of the brand and recipes.
"It has been my absolute pleasure to work with GG and her amazing boutique PR Firm. GG has supported my personal brand as well as my business, and was able to secure multiple major news outlets for me, including local news channels in LA, San Diego, Nashville, and most recently, The Home & Family Show on the Hallmark Channel! GG has truly exceeded my expectations. GG is passionate, a go-getter, and truly looks out for you and your team. Thank you for all you do, GG! Thank YOU for this testimonial of our work!"
Author and Founder of Cali’Flour Foods