Heather Wheeler & Joanie Demer sought to capitalize on their cost-cutting lifestyles and personal success stories, and lead the charge in the money-saving space with their business, The Krazy Coupon Lady. Beyond positioning themselves as experts (though they had no formal financial-related training), they wanted to gain national exposure for their deal-based website.
GGBPR was tasked with generating media and consumer awareness on a national scale, as well as positioning Wheeler and Demer as experts and establishing the website as the go-to destination for coupons, deals, and cost-cutting advice. The agency was also challenged with coming up with ways to sustain "couponing" as a lifestyle tool, not a fad, and communicate its availability, ease, and benefits.
- Created a strategic media plan with pitching platforms that addressed various lifestyle areas where consumers typically want to cut costs, offering relevant expert ideas that also kicked back to the website. Areas ranged from the couponing craze, to parenting, to organic living, to health and fitness.
- Also identified and capitalized on shopping events throughout the year where consumers can save money, such as back-to-school and holidays.
- Developed press materials that coupled their unique personal stories with their growing business success to enforce layers of expertise and create demand.
- Forged relationships within the print, broadcast and online media channels to place Wheeler and Heather in quotable articles and increase website exposure.
- Implemented a dedicated push in the women’s service and parenting channels to build credibility among key demographic groups.
- Created a "guessing game" platform for TV shows and utilized broadcast as a way to show consumers savings in real-time in order to build credibility and encourage website visits.
- Through media placements, raised The Krazy Coupon Lady’s profile and gained the attention of the producers of TLC’s "Extreme Couponing" show, which they appeared on in 2010.
- Secured prominent broadcast coverage including: Good Morning America, The View, E! News, The Today Show, The Early Show, Queen Latifah, Marie Show, Jeff Probst show, Martha Stewart, Nate Berkus, Home & Family, and Better TV.
- Secured ongoing expert-based contributions to media such as: People Style Watch, All You, First for Women, Fit Pregnancy, Better Homes & Gardens, In Touch, USA Weekend, Real Simple, and Fitness.
- Consistently continue to generate 50+ quality media placements per year.
- Helped The Krazy Coupon Lady solidify its place as the #1 couponing website in the world through consistent branding and expert appearances.
"Signing on with GG Benitez six years ago propelled The Krazy Coupon Lady, LLC. to the forefront of the coupon space and solidified its founders as go-to media experts. Our priority was national TV and she booked us on The Today Show, The Early Show, Good Morning America, even The View. Her insatiable dedication to her clients and her tireless work ethic quickly earned our total confidence. GG is, and will always be, an integral part of the KCL team."
Co-Founder of The Krazy Coupon Lady