Mabel’s Labels, the brand of customizable peel-and-stick labels, was a market leader in its native Canada. When the brand launched in the US, it wanted to establish the same market position and create relevance for the brand 365 days a year, not just for the back-to-school and camp seasons. The brand also wanted to enforce co-founder Julie Cole as the face of the company.
GG Benitez & Associates PR decided to capitalize on the mom community to draw attention to the brand’s many uses, including a strong celebrity mom seeding:
Our team dissected the product line and editorial calendar to create pitches for every possible use for personalized labels, including gifts, home organization, school, camp, sports, spring cleaning, life organization, gifts, most popular annual names, and seasonal holidays based on the icons. Our tactics also included reaching out to the mompreneur, women in business, stay at home moms, and moms with special needs kids’ communities to position Julie Cole as an expert:
- GGBPR created a series of pitches that covered every single calendar month to keep Mabel’s Labels top of mind in the media community.
- GGBPR gifted celebrities with children and supplied them with labels as the “ultimate party favor.” Testimonial and personal tweets were leveraged for media placement.
- Success from the use of Mabel’s Labels as a birthday party favor among celebrities resulted in the creation of the brand’s Loot Bag combo product offering, which has further enhanced media placement opportunity in a variety of channels.
- GGBPR created hard mailings to editorial departments based on story concepts and seasonal trends to inspire editors on the many uses of labels.
- Julie Cole was pitched for broadcast segments, print features, and guest blogger opportunities to cement her as an expert in all things related to labels and life organization.
"GG Benitez is synonymous with the Mabel’s Labels brand. She has been heading our PR for seven years with fierce dedication, and has the results to prove it. Companies commonly switch PR firms regularly, but at Mabel’s Labels, we know a good thing and hold on for dear life! Whether she’s pitching producers or editors, networking with influencers or cold calling – it’s all done in a way only GG can do it! She is passionate about her work and her clients and it shows in both her attitude and her results."
-Julie Cole, Co-Founder, Mabel’s Labels
GGBPR achieved significant and varied year-round media placements for the brand, while building a following for Julie Cole as an expert in the mom and lifestyle worlds:
Media highlights include:
- GGBPR established relationships with celebrities including Tori Spelling, Molly Mesnick, Ali Landry, Mario and Courtney Lopez, Melissa Joan Hart, Nancy O’Dell, Minnie Driver, Brooke Burke, Brooke Anderson, Trista Sutter, and Samantha Harris for personalized party favors, which we then garnered placements in top-tier blogs and print publications to ignite this party favor trend.
- GGBPR amassed a value-driven, cross-section of media highlights for the brand and founder including: Parents magazine, Scholastic Parent & Child, American Baby, Forbes.com, Working Mother, People, OK!, Life & Style, InTouch, The Today Show, Better TV, Home & Family, Cool Mom Picks, HLN, Today's Parent, The Globe, InStyle, and Momtrends.
Secured TV Press Highlights
Secured Print and Online Press Highlights
Secured Celebrity Seeding and Press Highlights